"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecc. 3:11
God's timing is simply amazing. Okay....let me try and keep that perspective as a continue on my first blog attempt. Throughout the last couple of weeks, God's really opened my eyes to just the magnitude of His amazing love and power. He's currently taking me through something that I honestly didn't see coming, something that doesn't really feel good. The cool thing is....I've fallen even more in love with Him through it. I may not know God's will for my life, but I WILL NOT underestimate our God's timing. I feel like too much of our lives, as Christians, we underestimate our God's capability (in everything). Some great advice I received not to long ago, is to pray big and specific prayers. Is our God not capable of answering a big prayer? Absolutely not! He's not only capable, but willing. I'll be honest with everyone reading. I've definitely been struggling with trusting in God's timing (which I still believe is good and perfect). It's easy sometimes to pray that God will just show His will to you, and that He would take away any distractions; however, when it happens to you....it's painful. My hope and prayer now is that throughout everything in my life, my main goal would be to bring Him glory. I don't even know what that looks like in some cases, but I do know that I serve a faithful God. A God that doesn't leave us out to dry. In the verse I put below, well.....I don't really want to explain it because...it needs no explanation. Just read it :)
"When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2
...and even though I may hurt a little now, I know that my Lord is still sovereign. He can still move the mountains. He still made me from nothing. He still holds the universe in His hand. He still deserves to be glorified. He's still everlasting. Demon's still shudder at His name. His light will still shine when all else fades. He's still deserving of our praise. His will and timing our still perfect and still precise. He is still good. He still reigns...
...and so I can rest easy tonight...
No comments:
Post a Comment