contentment |kənˈtentmənt|nouna state of happiness and satisfaction : he found contentment in living a simple life in the country.
This word gets thrown around quite often in our world. People work, get a degree, and dedicate their lives to something in order that they might one day feel content with where they're at. We can easily waste our whole life pursuing this feeling. Over the last few years this word has always been apart of my thinking.
This verse is spectacular! Solomon is saying that God's timing is beautiful. I mean, how often do we do that--describe God's timing as beautiful??? Not often enough, but it's so true. Our life may not make sense, it may not aline the way we want it to, but who are we to try and fix it?
"Consider the work of God: who can make straight what he has made crooked?"
Ecclesiastes 7:13
God has put several things on, and in my heart. One of them is ministry in Europe. I've come to have a new thought on this desire I have. Instead of always wondering how, or what it'll look like I'm just going to be content with where I am right now. I'm going to make it to Austria. I've decided that. It's something that, I feel, God has put on my heart. Therefore, I'm going..............eventually. But right now, I'm okay. However, I do believe that God would like me to takes steps towards that. So, I'm going to start learning German. I've put it off long enough. My hope is that through everything I do in this life, it'll be glorifying to God--and not me. I'm learning a different language to better understand/communicate a group of people whom I feel called to. It's all for Him. That His gospel might be taken to a dark world.
I'm going into this semester with a good feeling of contentment. My desire is to seek Him above everything else in this world. He'll supply me with everything I need. I'm satisfied in Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment