Friday, May 28, 2010

Hosea 6:6

"For I desire steadfast love and not sacrifice,
the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings"

Am in VA. God's love has been close by my side, as I've needed it to be. I've done nothing in my self to earn it, or deserve it. But I've also had to of done nothing to receive it. No change is required before entering into God's love. It snatches, changes, and forms us to His perfect image. I've needed this reminder now more than ever. As this summer goes on, Hosea will be on my mind. His faithfulness to an adulterous wife, just as God is faithful in His pursuit of me. Hosea never stopped loving, because he truly knew/experienced God's love. My prayer is that God would hold me close as I pursue students this summer. When I feel like your love is far from me, lavish it on me.

God is always good. After going through something very dramatic and frustrating, I arrived to find that the very first Sunday's lesson (I have to teach) is "Students will understand that it is possible to love and forgive others who have hurt us". Wow. That hits right at home. God is good for what He is doing. Being in Hosea is right where I need to be right now. God's never-ending persistence towards our hearts. My God makes the mountains tremble.

No comments: